Patients & Family
At Gulf International Medical Services, we take pride in providing quality patient-centered medical and nursing care to every patient we serve. Our goal is to provide our patients the best possible health care services, whether you live in Abu Dhabi, AlAin or Western region. We have highly trained nurses, physicians and therapists and medical specialists who will look after your needs and ensure that any patient or family concerns are adequately resolved. You or your loved one may benefit from home health services if suffering from temporary or long-term immobility, need to consult a doctor for a non-emergent ailment, was recently hospitalized or
underwent surgery, managing a chronic illness such as diabetes and COPD, or require clinical care for a neurological condition.
Patient and Family Rights and Responsibilities
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
• To know the mission statement of our health care facility and type of service that we provide.
• To receive verbal and written information about any proposed treatment plan and to be told if there are any alternatives available
• To receive detailed explanation of their condition, care and treatment, in terms that are free from professional jargon in order that the patient can fully understand
• To access their Medical Record and Medical Information
• To have informed consent.
• To receive relevant, current and understandable information concerning their drugs and treatment In decision making about their drugs and treatment choices
• To discuss and request information related to their specific drug therapy, possible adverse side effects and drug interactions.
ACCESS TO CARE
• To have the right to receive treatment without discrimination of any kind.
• To receive healthcare on the basis of clinical need
• To be referred to Specialist/Consultant for Specialist care when there is a clinical need.
• To have a second opinion or to have their care transferred to another physician if they are not satisfied with the care or opinion provided.
• To receive emergency medical care and treatment quickly
• To have drug therapy monitored for safety and efficacy and to make reasonable efforts to detect and prevent drug allergies, adverse reactions or contraindications.
DIGNITY AND RESPECT
• To be treated with dignity and respect, consistent with Professional standards for all patients regardless of manner of payment, race, sex, nationality, religion, culture, personal values and beliefs
• To privacy during examination, procedures, clinical care / treatment; and they have to right to know who is in attendance and the purpose of those in attendance on them.
• To be protected from physical assault during their visit/ stay in the health care facility
• To appropriate protection if they are children, disabled, elderly or vulnerable.
• To be provided with appropriate assessment and management of pain through well-known therapies and with all necessary information in this regard.
• To have any complaint that they may make, acknowledged, fully investigated, and be provided with a written response as per the facility policy.
END OF LIFE CARE/PALLIATIVE CARE
• To care at the end of their life which is respectful and compassionate.
• To follow the rules and regulations of the Gulf International Medical Services health care company.
• Provide all personal and family health information need to provide you with appropriate care.
• Follow the information given by staff members regarding hand hygiene and use of personal protective equipment
• Let us know if you do not understand the information we give you about your condition or treatment.
• Apply for a transfer of care to another physician, caregiver or facility, if so desired.
RESPECT AND CONSIDERATION
• Show respect and consideration of others receiving and providing care.
• To inform the therapy care service or reschedule 24 hours prior the services.
• Not use abusive language and/or display unsocial behavior to other patients, visitors or staff.
• Should give accurate information about personal details and past medical history as well as to inform the medical staff of any treatments and medications that they are taking and history of allergic reaction to any medication
• Be accountable for their own actions if they decide not to follow the health care provider instructions and/or treatment plan and recommendations
• To tell your healthcare provider of any change in your health.
• Participate to the best of your ability in making decisions about your medical treatment, to follow instructions and to comply with the agreed upon plan of care.
• Speak up if you have questions or concerns. If you still don’t understand, ask again. It’s your body and you have a right to know.
• Pay attention to the care you get. Always make sure you’re getting the right treatments and medicines by the right health care professionals. Don’t assume anything.
• Educate yourself about your illness. Learn about the medical tests you get, and your treatment plan.
• Ask a trusted family member or friend to be your advocate (advisor or supporter).
• Know what medicines you take and why you take them. Medicine errors are the most common health care mistakes.
• Use a hospital, clinic, surgery center, or other type of health care organization that has been carefully checked out. For example, The Joint Commission visits hospitals to see if they are meeting The Joint Commission’s quality standards.
• Participate in all decisions about your treatment. You are the center of the health care team
Payment and Insurance
- We currently serve Thiqa and self-pay patients. Most of our home healthcare services are generally covered by Daman for Thiqa (UAE nationals) patients. To access services, and to be eligible for insurance coverage, a referral is required from your healthcare provider outlining the need for home care services. For Thiqa patients, Gulf International Healthcare team will coordinate with Daman to process all approval requests. Once the paperwork is submitted to Daman, the request is typically approved within maximum 48 hours.
- For services not covered by Daman for Thiqa, we can provide a self-pay schedule for patients.
- We constantly add new private insurance companies into our list. Please check with us who we currently have direct billing with. You can also contact your insurance provider to confirm coverage. If not covered, we can provide a self-pay schedule for requested services.
- All self-pay patients can contact us directly for an appointment or request a quote for their care needs
Home Care, Critical Care, Elderely Care, Paediatric Care, Post-Operative care, Post-Hospital Discharge care, Mechanical Ventilator at Home, Home Palliative Care, Mother care, Baby care, Home Wound Care, Home Physiotherapy, Infusions Therapy, Diabetes Management, Senior Citizens Care, Travel Nurse, International Patient Care, Doctor at home, Healthcare, Nursing Care, Care Giver, Home nurse, UAE Home care, Best home care, First home care, Abu Dhabi Home care, Alain Home care, AL Dhafra Home care, Lab at home, Nursing Services, Home Nursing, Medical Services, Gulf International Medical Services, Gulf International Homecare Services, Medical Services